Passive income is the new talk of the town. If you are a web developer or designer and are content with your day job but would not mind some more money on your hands, then here’s something that may interest you.
What is a niche website?
As the name suggests, a niche website is basically a website that focuses on a smaller part of the audience or rather a larger market that shares a common point of interest. What niche websites do is, when multiple people search for a thing on search engines, the search engine offers these niche websites up for perusal.
Okay, that’s fair enough, but…
How can a niche website make you money?
Here are some brief ways following which you too can make passive income through niche websites:
- By offering contextual advertisements such as Infolinks, Media.net, and Google Adsense
- By allowing private advertisements belonging to other businesses or vendors
- You can also generate revenue via referral or lead generation – basically, you passing on qualified visitors to your business partners
- Selling digital products like ebooks, audiobooks, and various online courses
- Offering automated memberships or subscriptions through newsletters, etc.
When the prospect of earning passive income boils down to working on a niche website, something that you generally do for a living anyway, the chances of you having more money on your hand’s increases. All you need is to carve out some time to work on your own niche website and with it, you might just get closer to early retirement.