Zerodha Review: Online Stock Trading at Lowest Price
Zerodha is an online stock broking company in India. It was founded by Nitin Kamath, Nikhil Kamatg & Dr. Kailash Nadh. It enjoys huge popularity because of its discount brokerage and is currently the best one in the industry catering to the need of the customers and investors. The company was set up in 2010 to create an all-inclusive online trading platform with highly technical operations. Zerodha provides financial services relating to stock trading, equity, currency, commodity, IPO, and Direct Mutual Funds. It offers a brokerage which is a flat fee on all the services. It charges Rs 20 as brokerage on all orders and investment that is put through the portal. The platform was developed with the aim of bridging the gap between the use of high-end technology and traditional financial services.
The Zerodha platform at present has more than 1.5 million clients. It has got a mobile app-based platform also which can be downloaded for free from Google PlayStore.The popularity of Zerodha is evident, considering that the app has been downloaded more than 1 million times. Then again Zerodha has a good security value to it, as it is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI). Apart from SEBI, it is also registered with Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL), National Stock Exchange of India (NSE), Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), and Multi Commodity Exchange (MOX).
- Zerodha apart from being an extremely technologically sound platform is also safe, secure, and trustworthy. This is also because of its registration with SEBI. This attracts a lot of clients to the platform.
- The account opening procedure is easy and free. The user needs to fill up an online registration form and then fill in details of which AADHAR card number is a must. The account is opened instantaneously.
- The fee structure is transparent and includes the usual Securities Transaction Tax (STT), Transaction Charges (Exchange Turnover Charges), Goods and Services Tax (GST), SEBI Charges, and lastly the fee on stamp duty. The hidden charges include the SMS messaging alert charges and call & trade charges.
- The platform has a feature named Zerodha Sentinel which allows the customer to get alerts on prices, market trends, stocks, and other options. The notifications can come even if the customer is not online. This is to help the customer stay connected to the industry news so that they can invest or sell at opportune moments.
- There are a number of Zerodha Partner Products like Small case, Streak, Sensibull, and GoldenPi. These are tools that can help a customer in various ways for investment purposes. For example, Sensibull helps in giving advice on investment strategies to the customer.
- The customers who cannot do trading online, Zerodha has the feature of calling on the phone and trading. A lot of customers of Zerodha are people who are not young and are not adept at handling technology. This feature helps in the inclusivity of all the age groups of people with or without technical know-how.
7.Zerodha involves itself with Futures Trading, Currency Trading, Equity Trading, Options Trading, and Commodities Trading. Hence the customer service support is strong and customers can call .email anytime for any issues or problems in investment and operations.